Search This Blog, All Links Referenced In All Posts, & Paranoid Links At The Bottom Of The Page

17 April, 2009

Carbon Footprint of Spam




This is really weird and disturbing. I'm very very distressed about this.

I’m not going to eat Spam anymore. Even though it’s very tasty with eggs, I hope my friends will join me in cutting down on Spam. It’s a sacrifice we all must make.

Just imagine, we can save the world by eating sausages instead.

Couldn't we send Spam Baskets instead of Spam Emails?


*******************************

A study into spam has blamed it for the production of more than 33bn kilowatt-hours of energy every year, enough to power more than 2.4 million homes.

The "Carbon Footprint of Spam Report" estimated that 62 trillion spam emails are sent globally every year.

This amounted to emissions of more than 17 million tons of CO2, the research by climate consultants ICF International and anti-virus firm McAfee found.

No comments:

Post a Comment